Nagarbhavi. Strawberry Fields. Legala. Amma's. Aishwarya Bakery. Rohini. Surya Terrace. Wine Ocean. Projects. EMC. LnD. DisCo. SDGM. Jagannath Iyer. Spiritus. Moot Courts. JayGo. Lizzy. Nandi the Mutt. Sudhir. If any of these sound familiar, we might be friends yet.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Why must I die a million deaths in one life?

I’ve made several discoveries after arriving at Law School. One of them, of course, is that people like Triple I aka Cogito Ergo Sum exist. What’s more, they are still alive. Another discovery is that a professor can be a bitch simply because she is frustrated.

Another discovery, and the latest one, is that heat is tangible. You can feel it in the air. If you can convince yourself to reach out from that overpowering lethargy and touch the heat, it’ll touch you back.

I feel SO hot (in terms of temperature, for the benefit of my recalcitrant roomie), I’m beginning to hate everything and everybody. It’s funny how something as external as heat can have so profound an effect on the way we think and behave. I don’t know if it’s the heat, and whether when the season passes by, the following list will change substantially, but as of now this is how it is.

Things/People/Phenomena I Hate

1. Bangalore – Summers

They all lied to me. They told me the weather here is wonderful. Garden City, Pensioner’s Paradise, all that yada yada. I haven’t felt as hot and lethargic as I do at the present moment ever in my whole life, and I earnestly hope that after the five years of torture that I shall undergo here, I never have to live in this city again (giving it another thought; save the weather, its quite an okay city, really)
2. GWC
Admittedly, there are many who refuse to drink water from that cooler in the Mess Block because it is supposed to have been infested with cockroaches. A couple of decades ago, I think. But, I don’t care. It’s HOT. And, there are many like me whose only relief during these hot weeks has been the chilled water from that cooler. It doesn’t work, anymore. And, they are responsible for it, okay. So they aren’t getting paid for it. But, whatever! It is time they realize that General Welfare quite obviously includes the consistent supply of potable and reasonably cold water in the summer.
3. Mess Committee
I’m beginning to like them, I think. That cold buttermilk they serve for lunch is sufficient to make anyone like them. They should just fire that Bong cook, however. Things will be all hunky dory, then.
4. Resident Evil
I’m sure you know who and why. (If you still haven’t got it, you’re a moron; but I’ll tell you this – she shouldn’t wear pearls.)
5. Sudhir Krishnaswamy
I don’t want to sink like a stone.
6. Mobile Service Providers
I hate them ALL. Airtel, Hutch, Spice, BSNL; each and every one of them. I hope they all go bankrupt. Before I go bankrupt, that is.
7. Madhavan Menon
Him. He started it all. Shoot him.
8. Projects
Need I say more?
9. CorpBank
That useless, inefficient, disorganized Bank is always shut when I need money.
10. Dirty laundry


I know, I know; but don’t blame me, it’s the oppressive, exhausting, wearying HEAT.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet,Charming, and yet so much Angst. I love it. Though I do think you ought to be a little more caustic. Sail on, sail on, sailor.

Igirit said...

Oh, trust me, O Saint, a lil more acid in what I write in this blog; and I'll probably get tracked down, beat up and made to live with Her.

I'd hate that, you know.

Anonymous said...

You're so worried about being tracked down. Yet, everyone seems know who you are already, from what I've heard on the grapevine.
I'm not judgmental, and I dont care. I think this blog is amusing. Vitriolic first year frustration. Well articulated too. You get points for that.

Igirit said...

Or so they think...

ah, to each his own :)

Anonymous said...

Cogito Ergo Sum. A phrase you seem to love.

Igirit said...

Not me, O Saint. Not me.

I feel nothing for it.

A classmate. Triple I.

Anonymous said...

Figured.
Poor Descartes.
I'm gonna have me some fun and snoop.
Actually no, thats too exhausting. Im getting another beer. Keep it up though.

Igirit said...

Oh, now I know who you are...

:))

Nice to know you approve.

Igirit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Igirit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Igirit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Who do you think I think you are?

Its no risk. Im as safe as a grave. I dont stay on campus or answer calls or respond to messages, as you probably figured.

And it would be the greatest wasted opportunity not to take a free beer from me, considering how infrequently I dole em out.

Igirit said...

And, in any case, I have been led to believe you leave innocent first years with messages like

Nobody messes with me and gets away with, first year

:D

What, in the world, was that for?

Igirit said...

Tis a deal, then.

Work out the logistics, sometime, eh?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Igirit said...

Ah, that's what gives all of us away. You, included.

You must learn to be more subtle, second year.

Anonymous said...

Deal. Yes we shall work out logistics soon enough.

Just as soon as I get my lazy ass upright long enough to write a project.

Igirit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

collapse the comment shall I? I think I shall.

And subtlety isnt a virtue I possess.

Igirit said...

Cya around.

And for the sake of God, don't look at me like that in the corridor. Like you want to kill me or something. I'm easily scared.

Igirit said...

You're high ALL the time.

Ah, never mind. Me be off. I have an entire week worth of sleeping to catch up with.

Ta!