Nagarbhavi. Strawberry Fields. Legala. Amma's. Aishwarya Bakery. Rohini. Surya Terrace. Wine Ocean. Projects. EMC. LnD. DisCo. SDGM. Jagannath Iyer. Spiritus. Moot Courts. JayGo. Lizzy. Nandi the Mutt. Sudhir. If any of these sound familiar, we might be friends yet.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dayo Bor-ray Koru!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

One year is almost past. On February 27, 2008, my darling blog will complete a year of existence. We’re all grown up now and we, therefore, are newly matured.

Enough has been said, discussed and alleged about this blog. I would like to thank You, dear reader, for having read; and for coming back and reading some more. I loved your comments, even the snarly anonymous ones; and I am sorry I never wrote a post about you. Perhaps, we never had an opportunity to interact at a post-writing level. Or maybe, you’re just not important enough. Either way, sadly, you missed the bus.

One year anniversaries are big in my scheme of things. One year anniversaries call for grand celebrations. For resolutions. For surprises. On this occasion, then, I think it is only fair that I emerge from my refuge.

And seek another one.

I wish I could say something more grandiose and path breaking in this novel post, but there is little left to be said. For what I can say, with you reading it, is painfully limited. And what I want to say – painfully vast. And there, fellow law schoolite, lies my problem.

I want to be able to say what I want, without worries. For I have realized, and much too late for my own good, that what is written here is not taken for what I mean it to be: simple harmless caricature of a life and lives we live amongst. Like I said to a fellow blogger, character assassination is one thing- and caricature- another.

And for me to be able to make these silly exaggerations for my personal amusement (and, of course, for the pleasure of those I seek to amuse), it becomes necessary for me to remove this blog from the public domain.

So, there.

This blog is no more what it has been. Starting February 27 2008, I will be converting this to an invites-only blog. A blog where I may be myself. A blog that promises to be bigger, better and super.

You will be able to read the blog if you are invited. Allow me to assure you that I only wish to know who reads me, so there will be little discrimination, if any. If you wish to remain part of this wonderful fraternity that indulges in some harmless mockery here and some there, you must let me know at nagarbhavi@gmail.com; so I can invite you.

I hope we meet again. It has been my great pleasure having you here.

Much love,
Scarlett.

1 comment:

Rasputin said...

kudos! that was hilarious