Nagarbhavi. Strawberry Fields. Legala. Amma's. Aishwarya Bakery. Rohini. Surya Terrace. Wine Ocean. Projects. EMC. LnD. DisCo. SDGM. Jagannath Iyer. Spiritus. Moot Courts. JayGo. Lizzy. Nandi the Mutt. Sudhir. If any of these sound familiar, we might be friends yet.

Friday, May 08, 2009

France's Most Celebrated Chanteuse? W. t. f.

Dear Vimal,

I am left with no doubt that you appreciate music and musicians beyond measure; and feel the overwhelming desire to share a striking song with the rest of the world whenever you chance upon one. While I can understand where such joy about music is coming from, I am writing this mail in order to urge you to understand that we, the rest of us, are NOT interested.

I love my music too, and love to explore new genres and artists; but I do not remember delegating you to help me in the same. I am sure you will find many ballad lovers out there in the world in whose company you can continue this journey of musical discovery; but I would like to request you to kindly not impose your songs on unsuspecting law schoolites merely because they happen to be part of the law school mail network.

You may comfort yourself that you have shown 400 people yet another musical gem; but in this part of the world, we call it SPAM.

You are spoilt for choice. Mail yourself. Create a mailing group, if you must. Mail people who have expressed an interest in your music. Put up notices on 19 (1) (a). But, for the love of the goddess Hathor, please stop mailing the rest of us. In other words, please stop spamming. It ought to be a punishable offence.

In the hope that I have convinced you of the subtle difference between spam and voluntary mailing lists, and with best wishes for your travails in the world of music,

Regards,
Scarlett

P.S. I did, in fact, mail him.
P. P. S. DPC blues.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One would think that sitting half way across the world would spare me from the banalities of NLS's reality, but alas.
And DPC blues? Draft, draft, draft!

-A

Igirit said...

Lol.
I'm glad you're halfway across the world. Love to see my private traffic feed say SF!!

Anonymous said...

I do think Vimal Bajwa is a female, and not a male. :P

Rishav said...

hey
reading through your blog, you write well :)
actually, i know surabhi shukla from your college since childhood...id met her recently and taken her contact, but then subsequently lost my phone.. ive been trying to get back in touch but unsuccessfully... could you give her contact to me?
sorry for posting this like this... but i couldn't find your mail-id from the blog as well :(
regards

Igirit said...

*yawn*
it's pretty much apparent, isn't it, that you're awfully frustrated? Aw. I almost feel bad for you.